Thursday, September 07, 2006

Herein lies madness


Thank you for all your advice! I have thrown caution to the wind and cast on the Baltic Sea. The pattern is for sport weight on 5mm (sorry, still used to the metric system after being in England for 5 yrs) so I'm doing the laceweight on 4mm. I'm not bothered about it being a stole or scarf; I just want to see the pattern develop. The project may take a long time seeing as I'm 1) a serial cast-on and multiple project knitter and, 2) mother to 2 young children. Mindy - feel free to cast on your Baltic Sea sock yarn too! We could have a knitalong within the knitalong?!

4 Comments:

Blogger Knittah said...

I'm in love with it already. I can't wait to see how this knits up!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hmmm . . . maybe I'll need to pick up another skein of the laceweight, and try it as well . . .

Can't wait to watch your progress!

Good luck!

Wendy

6:19 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

Let's do it! We'll probably be along at the same speed- multiple projects and 3 small children. Am off to secure pattern...
Come on Wendy, join in.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Don't apologise for metric - helps the rest of us round the world! (Canada, Australia, UK, Europe...) - so thanks! I actually understand what you mean without looking it up.

Love the yarn, and looking forward to seeing the development of the pattern, too.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home