Monday, September 04, 2006

New Project Name



I've decided to call my current project The Celestine Shawl. I would imagine most folks would expect this to come from the book, The Celestine Prophecy, but it's actually from one of my very favorite songs by Kirsty MacColl, Tropical Brainstorm.

The song is amazing, and fun and wonderful to listen to (as is the entire album). If you've never heard this CD, you ought to put it on your list.

Anyway, I've completed about 100 rows of the shawl, and I will probably have to complete about 400 for the body of the shawl, and then add on the two ends (using a different pattern stitch). Here's what it looks like so far.



And a closeup.



I'm enjoying the rhythm of the shawl. One pattern stitch has 16 rows and the other has 20, so with 80 being the least common denominator between the two, I guess I've really only finished one complete stitch pattern, and I'm 1/4 through my second one.

Finally, I don't know what merino laceweight yarn Carol uses to dye this stuff, but it is truly wonderful, and I will definitely be using it again at one point in the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Geez, Joe, I didn't realize that was you. Wow! Gorgeous. You shall have more laceweight, fear not.

5:51 AM  
Blogger Franklin said...

Okay, first I'll say the shawl is looking wonderful.

And then I'll say I can't believe you named a project after one of my favorite songs.

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home