Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Almost ready to hop!


I have two projects almost ready to cast on! I bought the acorn socks pattern from Fibertrends yesterday and have swatched this morning. The Hazelnut yarn will be perfect but unfortunately my 2.25mm needles are in use with Jaywalkers. So I turned to the laceweight which arrived yesterday in the Pacifica colorway. I can't describe how gorgeous this yarn is. I was thinking it would be Kiri but now I'm thinking either a Baltic Sea stole or Ella from Knitty. I just can't decide between the two...

4 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Beware of the Baltic Sea, me thinks. I bought the pattern, and I googled it to see any finished Baltic Sea's out there -- all I found was shipwreck and misery. I think the woman who designed Sunrise Circle Jacket, and can't remember her name right now, finished it and wore it to her wedding - and it was a long haul.

Ella and Kiri are both fabulous -

Wendy

7:00 AM  
Blogger Knittah said...

Wendy's comment is a bummer, because I think the yarn is perfect for the Baltic Sea. But when in doubt, trust Wendy!

5:16 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks Knittah! I think the Baltic Sea stole is beautiful, I'm just a bit afraid - wouldn't it be great though, if one of our Black Bunny Hoppers were to navigate the Sea?

Wendy

6:07 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

Uh oh. I actually have a skein of BBF sock yarn named Baltic Sea? Does that mean I need to do it if Carol doesn't? Should I hide under the couch now? (and Carol, I was truly pulling for Ella- I remembered the sock yarn afterwards)

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home