OK, so I need some more BBF!
Restricting myself to the fabulous, yet subtle colorway meant that I would have to work the architectural features using texture alone. The house is built out of logs and includes a door and two matching windows. I tried to do shingles for the decreasing rounds, but I got distracted by the triangles and went for a carousel look for the top instead. As I bound off the stitches, it looks as if I have incorporated a chimney as well! The only time I changed my design is when I laddered two stitches back fourteen rows to change the placement of the door knob. (Anal, I know.)
It fits very well on the head and the chimney does actually flatten out nicely. I also found that I got a different effect by wearing the back of the house up front. Two hats in one!
Here is the finished product from the front:
Here is the different look from the back:
Here is how it would look if he wore it:
Now, I got to get me some more yarn. I forgot how much I liked the Flannel Shirt colorway...