Wednesday, August 30, 2006

That's a lot of yarn, CAROL!

This is a lot of yarn. Did I say that already? I know I asked for it, but...



I think all told it took two of us about two hours to wind this mega-ball of BB laceweight. I wound it once off the skein which I started doing at 2:45 and finished at around 5:00--albeit with many interruptions.



This was the first ball we made. It was so dense I swear you could hear it when I tapped on it. Lisa very delicately wound it two (yes, two) more times. I think she finished winding around 6:30.



I just thought this was so beautiful.

And then it was done. It really is quite a lot of yarn and I have no idea what to do with it.
See for contrast my wrist at the bottom of the photo.

I have been combing through Bauerliches Stricken books to no avail. I had been eyeing one of the same patterns as Joe, the tulip-y one but no. I think this yarn calls for something ridiculous. One of those shawls that makes one want to loose their mind--where the repeat changes 27 times across each row and there is no vertical repeat? Maybe some text thrown in? Maybe not knit--there's a lot of yarn there that could be crochet or even tatted! I need a weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

How many yards is that????? It's gorgeous

5:55 PM  
Blogger Courtney Kelley said...

I think it's 2200 or 2400? Carol, do you remember?

2:55 PM  
Blogger Sherry W said...

I keep thinking, 'Dutch masters...'

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home