Monday, August 28, 2006

I Don't Do KALs but...

For Carol, I will. Because she has extraordinary talent and because I'd rather let her make a mess than me, so I'm a dedicated BBF fan and I'd love to see her sell a ton.

I've written extensively about spinning and knitting the BBF Corriedale-type "Pansy" on my blog. But it's worth a repeat performance.

Here's the original bundle o' fiber.


I decided to spin this on my Ashford Joy, using the highest ratio and a worsted draw. The goal was to produce singles that when plyed double would work as sock-weight yarn.

Now mind you, I watch TV and spin at the same time--a bit more difficult to do than to knit and watch TV, in my opinion. But to paraphrase Linda:It spins like buttah.
This is the plyed Pansy, ready to be skeined, washed and then dried. Oh boy.

Once I had it all prepared, I used my handy-dandy stock 60-stitch sock pattern, which is worked at 7 spi on #0 dps. I loved knitting with it and I made this pair of socks in less than a week.
Here's a detail shot of the knitted fabric:
Now that I'm done with these, I still have a beautiful skein of merino sock-weight that I got from Carol, which I will dig out when I have finished moving and unpacking. And that I will work up a new design for, because it deserves it.

OK, Sulcoski, you got a post outta me, with all these boxes surrounding my computer.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

With all you got going on in your life, how did she rope YOU into this?

5:58 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Because I love her and because I love her stuff. And hey, the move will be over soon. OK, so I'll still have stuff to do. But I love to spin Carol's dyed rovings.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I LOVE you, babe. There's a special surprise going in your package, too. Mwah.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for these images, it's beautiful to see the process!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

wow that is wonderful.. i just got a joy, so happy to see such beutiful stuff coming from one!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home