Tuesday, August 29, 2006

happy feet





Hi there! I just finished these socks in BBF super-wash today. They are a colorway that Carol custom dyed to match my prosthetic leg. The pattern is "Fancy Silk Sock" from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks, done on US#1 dpns.

More notes about my modifications can be found on this blogpost.

I wouldn't exactly say that I "knitted along," because I was already on the toe of the 2nd sock when I heard about this KAL. But guess what...I have more BBF in my stash:




It's a soft yummy sport-weight called "Purple Pansies," and my plan is to make something out of it that is extremely customized to my particular (ie odd) needs. As an amputee, my residual limb gets totally freakin' cold. I want to knit some shorts for lounging around in (like pajama bottoms) that will serve as a kind of "stump cozy". I want to knit the side that will cover my "super short leg" to be closed and form fitting to keep me warm. Me thinks I'm going to have to design this one myself (ya' think??), but I am looking at my own clothes, patterns for knit yoga pants, and Joe's underwear (teehee) as possible starting points. I'll keep y'all posted ;-)

This is my first KAL. Only Carol and her fabulous yarn could ever make me do it. Wendy & Christina....thanks for setting it up!
Happy Knitting
~bonnie

6 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

She did a good job with the colour, looks a great match (like the pattern, too).

I love the idea of the shorts! Making your own stuff is such a great way to get something that is really designed for just your own particular needs, isn't it? And they are all particular, just varies how much.

Reminded me to come back to your blog, too, which I have visited on and off. Thanks!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Socks look perfect, and I can't imagine how I let a yarn color like "Purple Pansies" get away.

As for the underwear pattern, it uses a fingering weight yarn, so it would require a helluva lot of modifications to convert to sport weight.

4:28 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Love the socks! They came out amazing. Nancy Bush is a sock goddess.

4:35 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

Great socks- and great idea for your hop project. Can't wait to see it growing.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Beverly, I mean Bonnie, are we cruel for asking the AmpuTeeHee to join a "hopalong"?

7:43 AM  
Blogger MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Bwaahahahaha....
yah. cruel. right.
Not for THIS gimp, baby ;-)

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home