Monday, August 28, 2006

Perfect Timing



I needed to decide on something to knit, and now I can put Carol's laceweight green/yellow yarn to work.



Coming Up With a Project
I want to do something in lace that isn't overly complex.

I never remember the difference between knitted lace and lace knitting, but I want to do something using the easier of the two.

I prefer stoles over circular or triangular shaped wraps.

I think I'll have to pull out my various stitch dictionaries and try to come up with something interesting.

Since my Barbara Walker's Second Stitch Dictionary was sitting right beside my computer, I'm thinking I'll do a long rectangle of a nice open lace like this:



and do something like this on each end:



Crap...now I have to go cast on. This KAL stuff is gonna be bad for me.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe it! I adore stoles and I I was looking at one of those very stitches last night while contemplating what to do with the SeaSilk my daughter brought me from N.S. Those are two great choices. I was going to do the bottom stitch and combine it with a Trinity Stitch a dotty thing.

I opted for the Fern Lace stitch from Sharon Miller's "Heirloom knitting" only because it is already charted. Enjoy!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Knitted Lace - patterning every row.

Lace Knitting - patterning every other row.

Got it? Good.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Knittah said...

Joe, you make it sound so easy!

6:46 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Great choice! I've been seduced by that Sarcelle pattern as I like stoles as well.

4:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lace Knitting it is then.

The annoying, more difficult one is KL...how appropriate.

4:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, I like! Looking forward to watching that work up.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Courtney Kelley said...

You somehow entered my brain??
How is it possible that we have not only chosen what I think is the same color in the same yarn but I was thinking about the bottom stitch too...perhaps with some beads...
Great minds think alike, but now I have to think of something new!
Curses!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home