Saturday, August 26, 2006


Here is my beautiful Black Bunny yarn, charcoal (named, I believe, for the actual bunny - Carol? Is that right?), which sped across the pond to me here in the English Midlands. Took me a while to get started, then I found Mim's beautiful Eleonora sock pattern - and decided the two were Meant To Be Together.


I started this sock (my third pair, and first top-down...) a few weeks ago, but got a bit stuck (ie, it got too hot to knit with wool, I had to complete Angelica in Hipknits silk QUICKLY so I could wear it at a music festival.... etc.)

So Charcoal got a little rest in a hammock........



LOVING the colours, and they do look straight out of the past - like beautifully rusting old iron or something, as well as gleaming ashes. The pattern is cool too, doing it on 2.25mm (??US 1s??) DPNs in birch. Only broken one so far. I am now cruising along on the first sock....

So, here's the detail so far. Thanks Wendy and Knitty D for the fun here, and thanks Carol for such a beautiful dye-job!

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Hmmm . . . I'm getting inspired for my own Black Bunny sock yarn.

W

6:52 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yep, that was named after the original black bunny himself. You've done him proud. I'm going to try to get some photos of him posted -- he's very tricky to photograph. In addition to being a pet, he's so dark that his adorable face gets lost if the lighting isn't perfect.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home