Thursday, October 05, 2006

Fickle Hopper

When I last posted I was going to create a shawl out of an acorn pattern using "Acorns"- a beautiful brown/green autumn blend. I couldn't get the pattern to do what I wanted it to (actually, I think it was the math that wasn't doing what I wanted it to) so I decided to set it aside before I got too frustrated. I had banished Traffic Cone back to the box it was mailed in, but somehow it got itself to this form:


















Then, before I knew it, this happened.

















It is "Faun's Eyes" from one of the Barbara Walker books. Hard to tell pre-blocking, but the pattern should form little deer-like faces.

I had also been wanting to spin and this Finn Top she called "Tomato Sauce" was callling to me. I've almost finished the first bobbin- I was afraid I would be ready to ply too soon. The spring on the brake band of my lazykate has been sprung- courtesy of my 2-year-old. Luckily, the MontPelier Fall Fiber Festival is a mere 20 minutes from me (see, there are some things in the middle of nowhere) and less than 48 hours away- yippee! I'll find a new spring there, and this time Sat. night I'll be back in business.









Oh, and about Baltic Sea. It's still here. Same 2-year-old got creative while I was in the shower and tore the yarn- in multiple places-yikes! I'm just glad he didn't pull the thing off the needles. I'll get a picture of it soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Oh, those two-year-olds will kill you!

I always love to see your knitting...

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home