Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Safety first!

Fall is the best time for hiking, but it's also a good time for getting shot in the arse by a city slicker weekend hunter. It's good to wear something bright. Why not Orangina?* I just happen to have enough Self-dyed tangerine yarn on hand. I also had some BBF roving I spun too. Trouble is, I wasn't happy with the combo. I want a little contrast, but the handspun was too brown.

Meh.

So I went to knitting circle and look what was at Rosies! Some brighter, more yellowy fiber!

Isn't better? Let's see if I can spin it close to the weight the pattern calls for.

Yes, the socks are still coming along too...

*This is a pattern from the book Spin to Knit. If it's any example, I'm excited about it!

2 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

Too funny! I started a lace scarf in BBF Traffic Cone for the same reason. Can't wait to see your roving spun up.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second combo is beautiful together--I can't wait to see what you come up with!

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home