Saturday, October 07, 2006

And Someday, I'd Like to Spin Some

I finished the unspun roving hat:

(That's not me wearing it. That's Courtney.)

It's very warm and soft and fluffy--given how much roving I've got left, the hat probably weighs a little more than two ounces. Compare that to 100 g (3.5 oz) for the typical hat made at the same gauge from one skein of Rowan Big Wool--and no one thinks of Big Wool as dense or heavy. It's not very durable, of course (for those of you who don't spin: in general, the more tightly twisted a yarn is, the more durable the knitted product will be, and vice versa). But considering how quick it was to knit, and that more Black Bunny rovings catch my eye all the time, I think I'm probably willing to knit a new one every year or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home