Sunday, March 11, 2007

Tomorrow's update: llama, wool/nylon and more

Here are three of the skeins of llama that I have ready so far:



In addition to the reds, purples and teals shown above, I've got a skein of browns, one of true blues, and one of olive/golds. It's a laceweight blend of 90% llama and 10% shetland, and each hank is about 1300 yards, plenty for most shawl patterns.

Here are some sneak peeks of the wool/nylon sock yarn (in skeins of 400+ yds, 75% wool/25% nylon, superwash):





I've got some tone-on-tone colors, like the sage green and the browns, that will be great for showing off stitch patterns (and those two in particular are great guy colors), as well as some wilder multis.

You'll have to bear with me if I am slower to get things done; I'm not moving at my usual pace yet....

And as always, thank you so much for your support. It makes me unbelievably happy to see the bee-yoo-tiful garments that y'all make with Black Bunny yarns (and rovings!).

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

What's the llama like on the softness front? Bear in mind that Blue Sky Alpaca Silk makes me itchy!

Can I call dibs on the purples? I'd love to do the Hidcote shawl with that!

10:40 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

That made me laugh Carol- I was eyeing the purple...

1:37 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

Oh sadness. I had hopes to - maybe - get a skein before they were all gone this weekend. Alas, with an update on a weekday when I am at work (I teach so no computer time),,,oh whine whine whine. At least I can see what you all will have. They're beautiful colours as always***CV

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home