Thursday, January 04, 2007

Arctic lace

It is impossible to photograph the beauty of the BBF alpaca silk laceweight. Carol's photo below does it justice but here's one after I wound it - blurry because of the lack of flash. I'm showing it because I had some distinct ideas about what I would do with the yarn before it arrived. Then I held it. I looked at its color changes. And then it was like one of the pictures where something becomes apparent after you stop focussing. This will become the Arctic Diamonds stole. The pattern is in Interweave if you don't have the Arctic Lace book.

3 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

Ohhhhhh, that's gonna be gorgeous in that blue.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I just received mine in Jade - it is more fabulous than imagined. I can't quit touching it, it is so soft

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, oh, drool. Enjoy it.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home