Thursday, December 28, 2006

Lucky morning

I scored the last skein of alpaca silk laceweight this morning! I had been thinking about it all night and decided I would get it if it was still there in the morning. Why was I thinking of it all night? Because my infant son decided to be awake for a few hours during what I would normally call 'sleeping hours'. Compound this with the fact that my husband and I stayed up late to watch Syriana. I mean really, there should be a warning on DVDs for women like 'George Clooney gets his fingernails pulled out in this one girls!' In my 20's I would have relished a gritty political drama but now I'm a bit soft. So to take my mind off that scene while I wandered around jiggling a small child, I thought about what I would do with the yarn. I'm thinking the Pewter Lace Shawl from Interweave Spring 2003. (Now don't everyone run for their magazine stash! It's here.) Although I may opt for a more openwork pattern like this.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I am so happy that you nabbed that skein! I felt bad that you were yearning for the one I purchased (almost). Both shawls are nice, I'm off to dig out my issue of Interweave to see another picture

5:28 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

Glad you got it. Can't wait to see what you decide. For the pink I'm going to try to find something that resembles a rosebud. Those sleepless nights... my youngest is 3 now, but I remember them well- so I wish you a nice long nap today.

6:34 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Sounds great Mindy. Can't think of any suggestions at the moment but I'm sure you could google rosebud shawl patterns!

Would love to nap but 1) my oldest is 3 and has recently sworn off naps and 2) I have a chronic inability to rest during daylight. I just stay cranky until bedtime LOL! I'd be crap living in Alaska!

6:50 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

I can't nap either- I always feel like total crap when I wake up. None of mine nap and I am sooooo ready for school to start back up! Shall we have joint shawls to ignore (whoops, I meant work on) along w/ our Baltic Seas?

8:11 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Joint shawls sounds good here! I need an easier pattern than Baltic Sea though if it's to get done quicker...

12:46 PM  
Blogger mindy said...

I'm afraid to pick mine back up- I still need to splice the yarn back where my son broke it off...
Off to search for rosebud stitches...

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home