Friday, December 15, 2006

My Citrus Socks Are Done!

Keuka Socks 2

Toe: Magic Cast-on from Knitty.com
Reverse Heel Flap from the Diamante Socks in the Fall 2006 Knitty
Cuff - just your regular feather and fan.

I call them my Keuka Socks since my Alma Mater's school colors were green and gold. My fellow guild members call them my superhero socks since even a speeding bullet couldn't penetrate the tight-ass gauge on the feet. We're talking 11 1/2 stitches to the inch on 0s because apparently, I hate myself. I did the cuff on 1's to help it get over my heel a bit easier. Much frogging was done throughout the evolution of these socks. I thought the yarn was cursed. I thought I was allergic to it. (Thank you Carol for being so fabulous in trying to help me figure that one out!) I still haven't decided what I think of them. I finished them on Sunday, December 10th. Right before I had to bring my beloved cat, Morris, to the vet. That afternoon, I had to say goodbye to him. What started out as a great day for socks, ended up being one of the saddest days of my life. But they sure are pretty, eh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet kitty. I always think that a good thing about it, is that during their last conscious moment, their people who loved them were there. We should all be so lucky.

The socks are really neat, I think! A couple of years ago, I finshed a pair of socks on the same kind of day. I put them away, and then about 6 months later, decided that I liked them, because they were the last thing that my cat Hannah had "helped" me knit ...

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone who loses a kitty needs some TLC and a great pair of socks. I'm so sorry that you lost your Morris--I had two "Morris" cats who I loved dearly, they are extraordinary cats.

But those shoes! Perfect. I love 'em with the socks. Outstanding picture, funkier than hell.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home