Monday, June 25, 2007

Verdict - Winner!


First, let me apologize to the west coasters. Even with the later starting time, I tend to hover on etsy whenever Carol does an update. I'm always poised and ready ('Shush kids! She's updating the yarn! I'll get you juice in 5 minutes.').
Now, this silk is gorgeous. The sheen is amazing, almost luminescent. The color reminds me of a glacier-fed lake in New Zealand that I saw nearly 18 years ago (and is still one of the most beautiful things I think I've ever seen). Combined, there is a fluidity to the yarn that is perfect for shawls, wraps and scarves. I'm making Montego Bay with mine. I started it on slightly smaller needles because they were the only ones free but I think it makes no difference. The yarn is twisted so it never feels like it will pull apart. I've had issues like this with Hipknits aran silk and Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. The yarn is super easy to knit and feels wonderful flowing through each stitch. It is slippery so I would recommend wood or bamboo needles for grip.
In closing, I'm going to be truly sad when this project ends. And that may be soon because it's flying by already. This only arrived late Saturday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty, and nice hovering! Apparently you weren't the only one hanging around, because nearly everything was sold when this West Coaster got there.

9:26 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Well, there's more silk on the way....and more silk/wool blend like Liz used in her Clapotis. I'm just waiting for boxes...

Thank you so much for the feedback, Carol. You are the best!

5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home