Saturday, September 16, 2006

Do I Have to Give Them Away???

The oregano socks are complete at last! I love them and really want to keep them for myself, but they will be handed off to their intended recipient at church in the morning. Sigh...
The Pembrokeshire Pathways pattern worked very well with the colorway--you can still see the twists in each cable and the detail in every lacy inset. I have had nothing but fabulous comments from anyone who saw me working on them, so I guess I'm not the only one who finds them lovely.

My BBF indigo laceweight arrived this week. I intended it for Icarus, but the pictures in Interweave show it in very fine gauge suri alpaca. Instead, I may return to my original Print O'The Waves plan to showcase Carol's beautiful blue dyework. The waves just seem more fitting for the stormy blues and greys in my yarn. I am open to suggestions though, so if you know of a great pattern for 880 yards of yummy laceweight, please let me know!

2 Comments:

Blogger mindy said...

Yea, I think I'd have a hard time giving those away, too. Lovely.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Gorgeous! Do you have my home address?

-- Carol S.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home