Thursday, September 14, 2006

Celestine Shawl Update
I'm at 250 rows which means I'm halfway through the knitting of the main section of the Celestine Shawl!



I love this shawl for a number of reasons. First, the knitting of it has been enjoyable. Even the fixing of mistakes have been an interesting lesson in un-knitting for me (thanks in part to some of the commenters on this blog). Second, the stole is long enough now that I can drape it over my legs whilst I'm knitting it, and it is soft, lightweight and warm. Finally, while my pictures don't do it very much justice, the shawl is quite beautiful, and will be even moreso after it's been blocked.

Pattern Writing
I'm writing up the pattern for this shawl, and I'll be posting it out to The Knitting Vault when it's all done. I'm having a difficult time with some of the graphing of the lace stitches...especially the rows where the number of stitches is reduced or increased.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

It's really beautiful. What are you doing for the edging?

Wendy

6:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The right and left side of the knitting (as it shows in the picture...which will be the top and bottom of the stole when it's worn) already have a pattern being knitted into it (you can see a closeup in one of the first posts about the shawl). The ends of the shawl will have a more solid lace patterning that is still yet to be decided.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home