Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Bubble-Yum Update



Been working away on the baby sweater. I was trying to decided whether to do the whole thing in feather n fan, or do the bodice in st st. A friend set me straight. I believe she said something to the effect of, "YOU HAVE NO TIME LEFT!" Good point. So I've done a purl ridge right below the armholes, and a bit of st st and started the armholes (those were after this picture was taken).



I've also been working on itty bitty hats for my sister's twins. They are each not quite 4 1/2 lbs, beautiful, and very healthy. I'm using Carol's superwash sock for these hats, too. (they're on a regular piece of typing paper for size perspective) Size 2 needles. I love the way these feel, and I'm really happy with how the sock yarn is working for the Bubble-Yum sweater, too. For that I'm using a size 4 needle. The yarn is very soft, and spring-y, and the stitch definition is great. I'm definitely hooked on this stuff (just check my stash. No, wait. Don't. I'm not sharing.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Elysbeth said...

Verrrrry Pretty.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Verrrry nice! And yes, I agree that Carol's sock yarn is delicious! Mary Kay

6:36 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

So sweet! Are these for your new baby twin nieces?

9:11 AM  
Blogger mindy said...

Yes, the hats are for my wonderful new twin nieces. There will be many more little things for them posted on this blog, I'm sure.
The pink sweater is needed for Easter, so I've reached the panic stage on that...

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home