Sunday, November 05, 2006

Berried Treasure

I finally got off my butt and determined how I was going to handle the beautiful Berry merino sock yarn that I got from Carol.

It's always been my opinion that hand-dyed yarns do very well with raised stitch patterns and I have used several, including double moss stitch, to great advantage with these yarns.

But raised stitch patterns can be a stone bore. So I wanted something that would keep my interest, be simple enough so that the yarn was the star, and yet be a bit different.

I'll try to post a detailed stitch photo at some point. But for now, this will have to do. My one caveat with knitting with merino is that it probably won't stand up to excessive abuse. So these will be indoor socks, for sure.

But ya can't have enough of those.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dunno about that thing about working with merino. Lots of people knit socks from Koigu, and machine wash and dry them. More likely has to do with how firm the fabric is.

My word verification is "nalhelkg" which reads like some kind of Norwegian food.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

The pattern looks great. I've been doing the same with handpainted yarn - plain stockinette but purling whenever the colors coincided. Bit irregular but shows up the colors well.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home