Sunday, October 01, 2006

Red Dice - Finished

I feel badly writing about this here, because I've been unable to get a picture of the the finished shawl that really shows how lovely the yarn is. So with apologies to Carol:


The pattern is "Dice Blue" from the Spring 2004 issue of Knitters. I tinkered with the decreases and have posted about that over on my blog. The pattern is quite do-able for a knitter who knows the basics. The shawl used just under 880 yards of 2 ply merino lacewieght in a colour that reminds me of ripe tomatoes. It's smashing: 2 people have hinted that the shawl would make a great Christmas pressie. I'll take it to Rhinebeck so Carol can see it in the ...um...flesh...whatever.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Your knitting is exquisite.
I can't wait to see it live and up close!
-- Carol S.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Lisa said...

I wish I could see it in person, but Rhinebeck's a bit far from SoCal. Where can I get a copy of your pattern??? It's stunningly and mathematically beautiful.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Elysbeth said...

Beautiful! I like the smooth geometry of it.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home